Here is an interesting list of things you can do with your VPS
- Publish your personal website (blog or your CV).
Apache and WordPress is a perfect duo.
- Setup a mail server with Dovecot and Postfix (part1, part2).
Access your mail from browser using Roundcube
- Run a private cloud.
Nextcloud is not just a storage cloud but a powerful system with nice apps to install (bookmarks, notes, talk and chat, media streaming etc…)
- Continuous integration and delivery: you can build your own apps with Maven or Gradle
- Telegram bot runner: deploy your TG bots. Here an introduction
- Get your url shorter with URLHum: a simple PHP url shortener for everyday life
- Web scraping and notification system: are you interested in updates from a specific website? Scrape it and get notified! Python guide
- If you are a webmaster you would be interested to know when a website you manage is down…use your own notification system
- Cronjobs for everything: your crontab has super powers, don’t ignore them
- Boosted gaming with TeamSpeak: stay in contact with other players
- Run a personal git server with Gitlab or Gogs (lighter then Gitlab)
If you are considering a VPS, a good choice is OVH VPS
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.